The boys finally had their "kool-aid" stand. And in true Redford fashion (they take after their father) it wasn't just any old kool-aid stand.
They made big signs to attract attention and had a orange flag on the end of a long pole to wave. There was an A Frame sign out in the road with all of their items listed on it. Boy did they ever sell a lot. It did help that Grammy and Paw, Uncle Nate, and Josh's family all came to buy stuff. They were selling Koolaid, Powerrade, Eggs, Squash, and Blackberriess (they are very yummy but I also have the scratched up arms and hands to prove that I have done all the picking)
They made big signs to attract attention and had a orange flag on the end of a long pole to wave. There was an A Frame sign out in the road with all of their items listed on it. Boy did they ever sell a lot. It did help that Grammy and Paw, Uncle Nate, and Josh's family all came to buy stuff. They were selling Koolaid, Powerrade, Eggs, Squash, and Blackberriess (they are very yummy but I also have the scratched up arms and hands to prove that I have done all the picking)
They pulled in 27.37, including tips. They did a great job and I tired out long before they did. They all stayed out there for four hours, and dumby me, they all have sunburned faces to prove it. They are already planning to do it again. I was so proud of them and it melted my heart yesterday at church watching each of them carefully filling out their tithing slips. They are such good kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment