We were grateful that Cameron wanted to share his big baptism day with his baby brother. Cameron was on the ball but very nervous for his baptism day. He and Ryan were the first ones to the Stake Center, geared up and ready to go. As they were leaving the house Cameron was making me call people who may have forgotten about the baptism or not known about the time change. He wanted everyone that could be there to be there.
It was so neat to see Ryan and our oldest and youngest sons dressed all in white. Before anything had even started I was teary and felt the amazing spirit that was all around us. As I sat in the chapel listening to the talks and music and seeing all those that I loved there for us and I didn't even bother to wipe the tears. A few weeks ago while praying Charlie came into my room and watched me as I finished. After standing up he said to me "Mom, you felt the spirit huh." I nodded and then grabbed him and hugged him tightly. I look foward to each of their baptisms. Cameron has set a great example for his younger brothers and I know that he will continue to show them how to choose the right. I am grateful that they are all understanding what the spirit feels like, how it touches are souls and that we can be blessed by its power.
The baptism, confirmation and baby blessing were amazing. The spirit was so strong.We were so blessed to have many family and friends join us to celebrate this awesome occasion. This picture is of most of the family that was present. I was delighted that all of our parents and siblings were there with their children. Great Grandpa Keith and Great Grandma and Grandpa Schroeppel were also there. Many people traveled from far away to support us. We were also very happy to have Aunts, Cousins, Primary teachers and lots of friends there too.

Cameron looked stellar in his suit and has taken on the role as a new member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints very seriously. He has a great testimony even at his young age and wants to know more about the gospel. He has started a mission fund and wants to find ways to earn more money to put into it. The Bishop of our ward commented that Cameron was the first in a baptismal interview to bring his scriptures with him. Grandpa Rod spoke to him about this being the most important day of his life and that he had taken the first step to return to his Heavenly Father. And Grandpa Carr said that Cameron came from a really good family and that he should honor his Redford family name. My dad is right, the Redfords are amazing people. I have known it from the beginning and I am truly blessed to belong to this wonderful family. If my boys turn out half as good as their father they will be amazing men of the gospel and followers of Christ. I am so grateful to be a Redford. My dad also said that Angels were attending Camerons baptism and I believe that with all of my heart. I felt their presence. I know that Camerons Great Grandparents that have passed on were singing songs of great joy as another one of their posterity chose to follow Jesus Christ. I am happy with his choice to be baptized and know that he will always remember this special day and all that shared it with him.

5 comments:
What a great day! You look fabulous by the way.
Sounds like it was a great day for all of you! Congrats Cameron!
Oh, I got all teary-eyed all over again when I read your post- so sweet! I love the picture of Cameron, what a handsome young man!
I love those boys, including Ry. It was such a special time, and i'm so glad we made it down. I wouldn't have traded that experience for anything. Ry did such an amazing job, and so did Cam. You do have fabulous boys, I love them all with all my heart!
What a special day!! Congrats on all of the big events!
Angee :)
Post a Comment