Throughout my life, I have been blessed to meet and know some incredible people. And the Lord has given me BIG ears. That being said I love gossip. Its my downfall. I want to know everything. My hubby will tell you... if you want to know anything about Spanish Fork, the News or what's up....ask my wife, she's always the first to know. Now, I admit there are stories that I share time and time again because of the humor, the craziness or the sweet spirit that it brings into the lives of all those that hear it. I can remember and retell a story like its nobody's business. I get this from my dad, although I tend to embellish it a lot less :) But I also carry a lot of incredible stories, messages, and private thoughts and moments that have been shared with me in trust, faith and confidence. This is such a blessing to me. There is something about me (and if it's written on my forehead I'd like to know) that attracts people to tell me amazing things about life. I'm very grateful for this. Many times my testimony has been strengthened, my faith in human kind renewed.
Most recently I have been blessed to meet and know some incredible women. I know the Lord put them in my path for a reason. These people have changed me for the good. But these women all have something in common which is the reason for my post today. All of these women have lost a child. Not only a child, but little angels. And they are all boys. All of them. Did you know that nearly 6 out of 7 infant deaths or miscarriages are boys? What is this? One of these incredible women told me. "Its an army of Angels." And I believe she is right. Our Father is assembling an Army of Angels. And its a big army. There are a lot of tiny little guys, that will be fighting for us, Our God and our Faith. They are stronger than any other, because they were the chosen ones. The ones that didn't have to live on this earth. They didn't have to stay here until age of accountability. And of these incredible women. They are just that, incredible. It's not coincidence that God sent one of these Angels to them. They were hand picked because of their strength and testimony. He knew that they were strong enough to handle it. He knew their faith would increase. He knew, that they know, that He will watch over their children until we meet again.
I am so grateful that I was given this "gift" from my Father. I have been blessed throughout my life to share in the joy, sorrow and spiritual experiences of many. I know that God is real. I know that he loves us, each of us, individually. And I love Him. He knows me. My strengths, my weaknesses. My talents come from Him. My heart is so full to Him that I have the opportunity to meet and know these incredible women. I know that through Christ, we can and will return to our Father in Heaven. But we must trust in Him. We must turn to Him. We must draw on Him in good and bad. We must share our testimonies of our Savior. Christ died for me. And through His atonement I am blessed daily. And truly hour by hour. I know that my family is Eternal. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true and everlasting church. I know that Our Father and Mother greet and take care of all of these little angels. I know that we are led today by His Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I know that my Father loves me. In the name of my Savior, even Jesus Christ, Amen.
So why this post today? One of these incredible women, a dear friend of mine, had her Angel return to our father yesterday, less than 24 hours after he arrived. Born at 23 weeks, a twin, his brother continues to fight. They each weighed only 1 pound and were just a mere 11 inches long, yet carried a spirit of love stronger than any other. So close to the veil and from Gods arms, here, and back again. Carter has joined the army of Angels.
Carter had some friends to join him, sons of incredible women. A few of those friends (I apologize because I can't come up with all of their names right now) Carson (Jamie), Aiden (Tara), James (Katy), Matthew (Nan) Love you all.
December 5th
8 years ago
1 comment:
Koty you ave a wonderful way with words and such a great testimony. Thank you for sharing it. Thank you also for remembering me and my little guy. I'm so sorry for your friends loss. I know the pain she is feeling and the weight she is carrying.
There is something special and extraordinary about these little spirits that come to this earth and are only here a short while. I always tell people that Carson had a spirit and knowledge that was even greater than my own. I'm sure this is true for Carter as well.
They are just TOO good to be here.
If it helps, a good book I read after we lost Carson is called "Angel Children" By Mary V. Hill. I think it's most helpful. Maybe you can suggest it to your friend?
Thank you for sharing this post. Love you!
Post a Comment