Thursday, March 12, 2009

Draper Utah Temple Open House


Yesterday afternoon we went to the Draper Utah Temple Open House. I have lived in Utah my whole life and this is the first open house I have ever been to. The kids were so excited to go inside where mommy and daddy go. Reds favorite part was the baptismal font, he stood there for a while just staring at the water. Blue said he liked the room with the HUGE light (the celestial room) and it was amazing! So beautiful. Canoe liked the waiting room best (they had to wait down there for me to come off the elevator) So I knew it would involve a lot of walking but I had no idea that I would be completely exhausted half way through. It was totally worth it. It was great to be in the temple with our whole family. We stayed back for a minute to look into the mirrors together in the sealing room. That was really cool, the boys loved it! So I am really grateful that we could go. It was so awesome. Or as Red wrote on a comment card at the end

"It was asum. I loved it so so much." I think that will be one comment card they will follow up on!LOL! And he filled it out on a spanish one instead of english, we got a kick out of that. Anyway, we are so blessed to have so many temples close by and more are being added all the time. In a few more months we will have the chance to do it all again at the Oquirrh Mountain Open House, its really incredible.

2 comments:

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

Wow! How fun! Red is so dang funny. Mom still has the little paper on her fridge that says, "I love you so much!" With a goofy smiley face. It reminds me of the memory books where he says, "Grandma Jo is my favorite, I love her smell, her smell, I love."

fillmore family said...

I am so glad you guys made it :) We went last night, and I had so many of the same feelings and experiences as you did- it is so neat to have your own little family there, what a blessing temples are :)