Friday, September 4, 2009

Queen for a day...or for life

So once again Ryan proved that he is the best husband alive and threw me a suprise birthday party. I had no clue at all that it was happening and bawled like a baby when I saw everyone. Friday night Ryan told me that he had asked my mom to watch the boys so he could take me to dinner for my birthday. I cried and told my mom how excited I was to go on a date with my hubby, between bed rest and new baby its been a while. So I wore my new birthday shirt and did my hair and makeup for our special date and we headed out the door. It felt a little wierd leaving the baby at only a month ( I have never done that before, but knew he was in good hands- love you mom). Ryan put a blindfold on me and said that he was taking me on a "blind date". I told him that the last time he blindfolded me, he just drove me around the neighborhood for a while and then took me to a park where all my friends were waiting to suprise me for my birthday (3 years ago). He said "oh well this might be disappointing then." He said we were going on a progressive dinner date. He drove to different restaurants, went in while I waited in the car, then brought out an item. I had to guess what it was and where it was from. It was really fun. We got fries at McDonalds, a frosty at Wendy's and onion rings at Burger King. I got all of them wrong. He drove everywhere in town to get me to the different places and they are all within 3 blocks of eachother! I was so confused. I did guess the last place was pizza from Little Caesars but he said that I couldn't eat it yet because it went with the next place. We got out at the next place and the cars were really loud and really close to me. I mentioned that and Ryan said we were in the median of a busy roadway. I was so scared! Then we walkd into a place and it was quiet. Then I heard the Miss America theme song playing. I didn't think anything at first but then I started to feel really wierd like people were staring at me. I kept telling myself of course people are staring you are wearing a blindfold. I walked up some stairs and then sat in a cushy chair. Then Ryan told me to stand up and take off my blindfold. I looked up to see a whole bunch of family and friends. Ryan gave me a crown and sash and cape and each of the boys handed me a ton of roses. By this point I was sobbing. How does he think of this stuff and why do I deserve it? Well then I looked around and finally realized where I was, The Royal Palace. I couldn't believe it, how did he pull this off. We were back in our old building, singing karaoke for the night. It was awesome. He had a red carpet for me, the cushy chair was my throne that he had painted gold and bedazzled. We sang for three hours, ate cake, candy and pizza, danced around and visited. I felt amazing and really loved. And it was the best brithday ever. Many people found out about the party on Facebook, which explained why for three days before my internet was for some reason not working and he was unable to fix it. It was working again within hours of the party ending! Thanks to everyone who came and I hope I don't miss anyone.
Mom and Dad Logan and family
Josh and family Nick and Nicole
Kim and Meg Pat and family
Kerry and family Debbie and family
Cindy Lynn and family Marie and family
And a very special guest, my Uncle Doug, who shares a birthday with me. He could have been out celebrating his own day but took the time to come to my party which meant the world to me. I love you and thanks!
To my sweetheart: You are amazing. I am absolutely the most blessed woman EVER. If every woman could have a husband like you, this world would be a lot better place with a lot happier people. You worked hard to make me feel like a Queen for a Day, but the truth is I feel like a Queen everyday, a queen for life, and thankfully for Eternity. Thank you for all of your love, all of your wonderful deeds and service and mostly thanks for our Eternal family-our four little princes.
I love you, my King, I love you!!!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

It was a GREAT night!! And I was shocked that we got SCHROEPPEL kids to be quiet long enough so you wouldn't have an idea. That in itself is impressive!