
The pigs, Charlotte and Wilbur are HUGE. Its so hard to believe that they can honestly grow this fast. Its like going from new puppy to full grown lab. It happens almost overnight. We got them at about 2 months old and 60 pounds. Now they are almost 4 months and more than double in weight of what they were before. And the term you eat like a pig is so true and so gross. It is nasty to watch them eat and they will eat ANYTHING! They make disgusting noises and have no manners! I hate feeding them because if you don't give them their food fast enough they will start biting your legs, for real, I dump their food over the fence, Petie takes it to them like a nice farmer. I am a little afraid of them. But, I have to admit its nice to not throw out any table scrap. I feel less wasteful. But we don't produce enough scrap for them. They require about 5 pounds of food each every day. GROSS! We are hoping Charlotte gets pregnant soon so that we can have piglets this summer. We will probably slaughter Wilbur in May or so. Home grown pork- woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment