Okay so this is the BABY UPDATE! Yes there really is only one baby in there- I promise- With a beautiful, strong heartbeat! I love it when you go and each time you can hear this amazing sound, it becomes so real. So I am currently the size of a basketball! It will only get better from here. I have gained 13 pounds! Wonderful! I am finally beginning to get over the 24 hour a day nausea, why its called morning sickness I will never know. I am hoping to get an energy boost before I get so fat that I can't even move. We will see.
My doctor was really excited to get me on medication for Von Williebrand, a blood disorder that runs in my family. We were sure that being officially diagnosed ( I have shown symptoms my whole life) and getting on the meds will allow me to have no bedrest and a full term healthy baby. Unfortunately after $700 worth of blood tests, I don't have the disorder! WHAT! We were so positive that is what had caused all of my previous placenta abruptions- leading to the preterm babies, but no. So now we are back to square one. We are sure there is some type of blood disorder but what!
So the plan.. be careful and brace ourselves for another pre term baby and most likely bed rest. And I will begin to receive steroids at 28 weeks for lung development so when the baby does come early it will hopefully have mature lungs.
But as of now, like I said before, the baby sounds great and is growing well. I will continue to see the doctor every 2-3 weeks so he can keep a close eye on me and the baby. We still have about 6 weeks or so before the official ultrasound declaring the sex of the baby. We will let you know! We are excited to find out too.
December 5th
8 years ago
3 comments:
Well, even though the abruptions aren't explained it's probably a relief you don't have the blood disorder. I can't wait until you find out what you are having!
I am glad to hear the baby is still there. Good luck with the morning sickness, yuck.
Hooray! I hope all goes well, we're praying for you all!
Post a Comment