Monday, July 27, 2009

Jackson Redford 6lbs 11 oz. 19 inches



Hooray he is here at last!


Jackson Rodney Redford

July 27, 2009
12:28 p.m.

6 lbs 11 oz. 19 inches



Who knew that after all that we did to keep him in, (and then later all I tried to get him out) that this little guy would arrive at 39 weeks, 1 day after an induction. When the doctor and I first talked about being induced we both laughed because yeah right, I would never last that long. More proof that the power of prayer is undeniable.

We arrived at the hospital about 6:15 and waited to be admitted. Once I was in a room, they got things situated and started the Pitocin at 8:15. The nurse came in every 30 minutes to up the dose of Pitocin, around 9:45 I requested the epidural. It was administered just before 10:30. At this point my contractions were spiking quite high and hurting really bad so I was grateful to have the epidural. Around 11:15 I was a 7.5. The nurse noted that my contractions were not spiking anymore but more wavy. The baby's heart rate was following a similar pattern, showing that he was getting irritated. I started feeling uncomfortable again and it seemed the epidural was wearing off. He came back in and brought a dripper for the epidural at 11:40. 5 minutes later the nurse came in to check me and said I had a huge bulging bag of water but was completely thinned, and just a small rim left, but her glove was drenched in blood and by looking at the monitor more she said she was sure I had another abruption and that both the uterus and baby were not liking it. She called the doctor and he said he would be right over. When Dr. Jacob arrived, he tried checking me and said the water was huge and he was sure that as soon as he broke the bag the baby would be right there even though he was still -1 station. The water was bulging so huge that he held a towel over it while he broke it so it wouldn't splash everywhere, that helped a little bit. And he was right about the baby, he was right there. The doctor said "Give me a little push" My thoughts were "right now? we are ready to push?"And I was really nervous because I was expecting a huge baby and thought this would be a really long process. Three small pushes later and a tiny episiotomy (the smallest one I have ever had), his head was out and one more small push, he was here! Immediately following baby was the placenta. It fell right out onto the floor, a complete abruption. I was really suprised and so were the nurses and doctor. And it all took a matter of seconds to minutes! Unreal. We have a baby.


I want to thank everyone for all of their words of wisdom, love and prayers. We have felt and heard all of this and truly appreciate it. It's a testimony of the power of faith and prayer. Our Heavenly Father took great care of this little baby and knew what was best for him.

We are so blessed with this tiny little spirit. I am honored and grateful to my Father in Heaven for trusting me with another of His children. I am grateful to Ryan for who he is. For his faith, testimony, strength, hard work, love and that he honors his priesthood. I am grateful that priesthood blessings were available to me to comfort me and give me the strength to carry on. I have an amazing husband. I am so blessed.

10 comments:

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

WHAT?! No pictures??!!! I loooove the name by the way!

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

Jackson Amy Redford would be cool. No one has to know his middle name anyway, what's in a middle name?

michael said...

Yay!! We can't wait to see him! And you aren't pregnant anymore! (You have to celebrate that part too)

michael said...

Shawna posted that, just to be clear...

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! Can't wait for pictures!

Angee Duvall :)

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

Oh... sick. I'm glad you were able to give me a nice visual of every yummy detail of the delivery. Nonetheless, I'm so grateful for you, Ryan, and your boys. You all are so wonderful! I'm so glad Ryan married you!

Marie Gale said...

You have such a great way of writing! I was totally crying as I read about the ordeal/delivery/wait for you precious new little boy. What an amazing blessing to have in your life. You are so blessed with a beautiful family!

Marie Gale said...

You have such a great way of writing! I was totally crying as I read about the ordeal/delivery/wait for you precious new little boy. What an amazing blessing to have in your life. You are so blessed with a beautiful family!

Marie Gale said...

You have such a great way of writing! I was totally crying as I read about the ordeal/delivery/wait for you precious new little boy. What an amazing blessing to have in your life. You are so blessed with a beautiful family!

Meg said...

Tears... so glad you are all back together fully functioning! Love you