Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pregnancy can't last forever!

I haven't written much because I really want to be posting a baby is here.
However this is not the case.
Although I believe I have tried every at home "inducing" that exists and still nothing.
As a matter of fact yesterday I spent 5 hours on an exercise ball, went walking for about an hour, ate spicy General Tsao's Chicken for dinner, and have been taking blue and black cohosh.
I did have a few contractions but by about 10:30 they were all gone and I didn't wake up once last night with a contraction.
That hasn't happened in weeks.
So I guess all of these things are encouraging him to stay in longer.
Oh well.
I am officially now considered full term (37 weeks) and no one can believe that he is still in there.
He sounds great, they are guessing around 7 1/2 pounds. I am almost a 3, 75% and a -1.
Some progress.
And if all else fails they have agreed to induce me on July 27th.
So no matter what less than 2 weeks to go.
A lady at church on Sunday said to me "Eternal Marriage is a blessing from God. Thankfully eternal pregnancies are something that God doesn't agree with, it can't last forever."
All I can say is "Amen Sister"

3 comments:

The Gang said...

So I'm related and felt like I could comment even if you don't know who I am. I love, love, Amy and I'm sure we also have that in common. Anyway, I wanted to comment because I was on bedrest also. 5 months. And when I was finally done at 37 wks and off meds, I thought she would be rushing right out. She took 5 days but she did come. Now that I look back on it I'm grateful because our younger daughter didn't wait so long and ended staying in the hospital for awhile. What I wouldn't give to have wanted her to wait her time as well! Good Luck and I wish you and your baby well!! :)

The Gang said...

I re-read that and it makes it sound like Jayda (our younger daughter) didn't come home healthy but she did. I totally feel like a goof writing all this stuff and we don't know each other. I could just relate to your post is all. :)

Meg said...

Been thinking about you all day! I want you to have him and be recovered in time for Gpa's celebration so that you feel great! What if he comes that day!! OH dear! can't think about that!
LOVE YOU!! YOUR BIGGEST CHEERLEADER!
Megs