Wednesday, October 8, 2008

To the movies

I took the boys to the movie theater this summer for the first time ever, after all we do have one in our basement. So we went and watched Over the Hedge. They had a lot of fun and of course being the sucker that I am I caved and bought the kids snack packs- like $4 each for a little bit of nothing. Oh well. It was fun.Red, knows how to make a fun scrapbook page, poses great behind his cup!
Canoe was high spirited and gave me a lively grin.
Blue is just as cute as ever. A lot like his daddy. Life is simple and so goes the smile.
After the movie was over they wanted to keep the boxes that their stuff came in. Reluctantly I agreed- only because I know that after 2 days at home I will step on one that has been left out and then one boy will be crying because I ruined his "pets bed" and then the other boys will tell me how I should be more careful and watch where I am walking. So right before I open my big mouth and say that they shouldn't have left it on the floor and I shouldn't have let you keep the dumb things in the first place I remember that its all just for a fun summer day and I should relax a little. And I gently put the box back together with packing tape and apologize profusely and then curse the box under my breath as I go to fold the laundry. Good times.

So anyway when we left the theater Canoe said that he wanted to wear his hat, he had the box on his head. The other boys followed his example which I have to say made for another great photo op. Obviously these kids know how much I love scrapbooking! It was a fun day.

No comments: