Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Go Gerti Go!

Good ole Gerti. Since we first got this goat she is terrified of everything! She runs from the llamas, the horse, us, everyone. Chances of me ever milking her are slim to none. Oh well. But lately she is getting a little more comfortable with us and I am hoping that will continue because she is expecting and we can be close to her kid as well. So she is getting fatter and fatter and over the last week we have watched her get fuller and fuller with milk. So it's coming soon. We check her a couple times a day just hoping that today is the day. But since we didn't plan this, we have no idea when its gonna happen. We are just watching for the "signs" of labor. Justin keeps checking too, I think he is just as excited as we are. So although I am really supposed to be in bed all the time, I am not gonna miss this baby goat coming. I will waddle out back to see that. I am so excited. This is what she looks like today... (she's on the right. You can see that she is still arched across the back. But when the baby drops and labor starts there is a definate droop in her back and you can see the hip bones protruding.) This is both mom and dad. They will have cute babies!

No comments: